20-23 July 2023 – Festival to Dance – Röthenbach in the Emmental
A festival to dance together
At our festival you can get to know and exprience various folk and standard dances in workshops during the day and continue dancing in the evening with live music and in a different atmosphere.
The festival day …
… begins at 9 am with a workshop to smothly wake up your body (e.g. yoga). Then the dance workshops follow. After the lunch break further dance workshops take place, and at the end you can relax again (e.g. stretching).
The workshops take place paralellely in three big tents, which are open to all sides. This means: you always have the choice between 3 different dances and can decide and also change spontaneously in between. No need for registration or bringing a dance partner neighter.
The evening program starts at 20:30 with a short show, where professionals show their skills and other surprises are presented. Then it starts with the first ball or concert, closely followed by the second and third – on Friday and Saturday there is usually dancing and celebration until after 3am.
Everyone dances with everyone. Just participate in the balls and concerts – it is so easy and so much fun. The dance steps, which were learned during the day or the day before, certainly fit to the music. If you’re still unsure, simply copy from your neighbour and let yourself be guided and carried away.
The festival is a place where many different people come together. A place to discover, learn, exchange skills and simply have lots of fun together with dance and music!
„Vertanzt“ (german for „dance until you drop“) is …
- for all: young & old, experienced dancers or with two left feet
- in big tents on a meadow in a beautiful landscape
- in a summery open-air atmosphere
- with a varied programme
- without the need to bring a dancing partner
- at affordable prices
We are an international festival and communicate as much as we can multilingually – or with hands and feet, meaning dancing.
Our festival cultivates its local roots. In addition to typical local highlights in our programme (from yodelling to hornussen) we look for regional suppliers whenever possible and attach importance to good networking and cooperation with the host community.
Our organisation is based on voluntary work and equal opportunities for all participants. Out of this philosophy, the musicians and dance teachers – called artists by us – do not receive a direct monetary remuneration, but unforgettable days together in the Emmental. A large number of volunteers make the festival possible. Interested in volunteering with our festival organisation?
Vertanzt offers day tickets, no single workshop or concert tickets. With a day ticket you can participate in everything, from early to late, workshops and concerts. There is no need to register for the workshops.
Evening tickets for only the concerts and balls are also available. Please buy them directly at the festival and only for the same evening (admission from 19:30). The day ticket always includes the evening.
until 14. May
|until 18. June||from 19. June on|
|1 day||CHF 55||CHF 45||CHF 60||CHF 50||CHF 65||CHF 55|
|2 days||CHF 95||CHF 80||CHF 105||CHF 90||CHF 115||CHF 100|
|3 days||CHF 130||CHF 110||CHF 145||CHF 125||CHF 160||CHF 140|
|4 days||CHF 155||CHF 130||CHF 175||CHF 150||CHF 195||CHF 170|
* reduced prices for students, youth (13-18), citizens of Röthenbach i.E., members of the Vertanzt association.
Children up to 12 years can participate for free.
Day tickets, reservations for the dormitory and parking places can be booked here: TICKETINO
How to get to Röthenbach im Emmental
We want to encourage as many visitors as possible to use public transport to get there. From Bern you can easily get to Röthenbach i.E. by public transport every half hour within one hour:
- S2 from Bern to Signau
- Continue by bus to Röthenbach Dorf (terminus)
- The festival office is right on the corner in the middle of the village
- Only a few steps to the campsite
If you are in need of your own two to four wheels, you’ll come to Röthenbach from all directions:
- From north via Burgdorf, Signau
- From south via Thun
- From west and motorway A6: exit Kiesen (No. 15), then continue via Oberdiessbach, Linden
- From East via Lucerne through Entlebuch
- Parking fee at the festival is CHF 5 per day and car
- The signposted parking spaces are to be used
- The campsite is closed for cars. It is only possible to unload material directly next to it.
Sleeping in Röthenbach
The Vertanzt-Camping-Platz is situated in a very cozy location by a stream, exclusively for festival visitors and 100% free!
- Open from Wednesday, 12h – Monday, 12h
- WCs and showers availible
- 2 minutes walk to the town centre
- 15 minutes walk to the festival area
- Bunsen burners & Co. are allowed, but no open fires.
- Out of consideration for all, no dogs are allowed on the premises.
- Note: Röthenbach is at an altitude of 800m > At the campsite it can be cool at night and a good sleeping bag is highly recommended.
- No registration necessary
For those who are afraid of rain or don’t like to sleep on the ground, there are dormitory in the school building. You are closer to the showers and faster at breakfast!
- many beds in the dormitory, divided into several rooms – one of them only for women
- Bring your own sleeping bag, mattresses are available.
- 15 CHF per night
- Note: numerous people sleep in the same room > take earplugs with you
- A reservation is recommended via email@example.com
Since no cars are allowed on the camping area, there is a camper parking available for caravans:
- 5 minutes walk to the centre of the village
- No electricity/water connection available
- Please reserve your spot, firstname.lastname@example.org
In Röthenbach and the region there are only few holiday homes, hotels and guesthouses which can be reserved directly from the providers. From experience, the closest rooms are quickly booked out!
In the village a few guest rooms are offered by private persons.
Our canteen delivers power to dance all day with breakfast, lunch and dinner:
- menu including salad and fruit
- Breakfast buffet for ca 10 CHF (à discretion)
- Lunch / dinner for ca 15 CHF each
- children’s portions
- Open from breakfast Thursday to breakfast Monday
Various food stalls directly at the festival area and our cosy festival bar ensure that hungry stomachs are fed all day long and even at late hours and that thirsty throats do not dry out…
- Snacks, e.g. Chäs-Plättli, Pizza, Crêpes
- Kafi & Gipfeli before the first workshop
- Ice Cream & Sweets
Self-catering is easy as well:
- Drinking water on the festival grounds is always free of charge.
- In Röthenbach „downtown“ there are smaller shops with everything you need to survive (but probably not the special gluten-free muesli bars).
- A lounge tent with tables and benches offers a closed dining and sitting area for all.
Looking for more variety?
- Restaurants directly in the village: Bären Röthenbach & Moospintli
- Excursions to restaurants in the surroundings (We recommend „Schallenberg“ or „Piste- und Wanderstübli Skilift Chuderhüsi“ for the view!)